Tuesday 24 September 2013

perfect match

that night when you left me,you left a lump in my throat
you can still see its edges if you look through the smoke of our fire
mama taught me to not play with fire when i was young
but even  now in old age i still love to keep close to your flames
 honestly,the only thing i have learnt since then  is to pour water on any raging regret
i would rather spend my life
with the scars of your burns to say you were here once
than carry  memories spent in safety
wild fire,i still long for your intensity
you have left me for dead with your coldness
i still need you to burn so i may know just how precious life can be at the brink of ashes

i need your heat
to melt my insides
i need the steam of our bodies
the boiling passion of our longing hearts
give me one ember to come home to
one log to revive the dying embers

sometimes i find your embers still burning in spots we once met
and im reminded you are my perfect match

i still spend a  lifetime  hoping next time you burn
you will consume me completely

i need your storm
i need your eternal flame
i need your  heat up close
to reach my aching bones,my aching heart
till everything is burning ,
till we are glowing in the radiance
of our hearts boiling in passion
from the steam of our bodies
cause you are the one match i can trust










No comments:

Post a Comment