Thursday 18 July 2013

My heart,is an empty pair of shoes

The summer i told you
i think forever will be too short 
You looked at me 
with a glowing chest 
and even though i promised 
i would never write another  cheesy love poem
i found myself talking to the birds and bees 
about how sweet the nectar 
of your kindness touched my hungry lips
you brought me a dozen of  sweet flowers
 to suck the nectarine in every chamber 
overflowing with the  goodness of your glowing heart 
and i loved you
 from the moment i said 
yes,i will be yours forever and in the coming  afterlife
even if i have to be a ghost so you can still feel my presence 
as long as you  are still holding onto me
our knees have known days 
when forever seemed a faraway dream
but somehow we have wiped the uncertainty of our love story  to write it again and again on a new slate
love
i'm offering you my all 
my grain of truth 
every speck in my eye 
this is my pound of flesh 
promising i will do my very best 
to cushion you when we fall 
and when  it hurts the most
 because babe,i need you 
i need you to fill the bits 
of memories men regret 
 when they are  lying on their deaths beds
and wondering what joy this life bought 
i want you to be that wandering star in my dark 
that glowing  lighthouse in my storm
my heart, is an empty pair of shoes 
waiting for your  feet  
to walk this life journey with me



No comments:

Post a Comment