Wednesday 24 July 2013

Friends give each other some wiggle room

the guitar strings of friendship
play music worth listening to
when they are pulled
when they are pulled hard
pull me
let me show you the extent i can go without breaking
accept my high notes
my low notes
let me be the type you want to hang around with
when you have realised the finger you plug me with still hurts and you still want to play me
play with me
give me a little wiggle room
let me be a note sung out of tune sometimes
know how to laugh at my annoyances and still sing along
and pretend that i m the best song you have ever heard
i am only notes and notes trying to touch a deep soft spot somewhere
in there
friend
somedays my face will be the face you hate to look at
someday i will be the tongue whose words you wish not to hear
friend what we have is a like a hym, a wedding song, a family time tune
our friendship blends in to time and moments of laughter
of sadness
of laid back suns
and classic times
you and i hang together anywhere and everywhere




No comments:

Post a Comment