Friday 29 November 2013

My brain is a reforming harlot

My brain is an unscrupulous  harlot.
 never satisfied
always asking for more
My brain pursues not a single goal.
Never clings to an idea. 
Never grows old with a thought.
My brain loves fantasy,
day dreaming,
infatuation.
My brain is a hoarder.
Its a collection plate of ideas in a church of thoughtful givers
Piles them into one big pile of forgotten goods.
Keeps them brimming from crevices,
sweeps some under the rug,
 folds some into closets.
Dusts some off, 
smiles at them,
wonders why it lets good ideas go

My brain is a pot of stew,
gurgling and bubbling with stolen thoughts,
dreams,plans that simmer and simmer into a thick gravy of contemplation.
My brain is seasoning.
Adapting to seasons of change,
seasons of  maturity seasons 
of introspection and truth finding.
My brain is regretting.
Regretting seasons lost.
Regretting virgin ideas unexplored.
My brain is up for a dare.
My brain is willing 
My brain is  change
My brain is new habits
My brain takes vows
My brain settles
My brain
My brain
is determination 

No comments:

Post a Comment