Friday 8 November 2013

you are my gravity

A friend asked how we keep falling over and over  for each other when falling hurts this  much.

i smiled and  said
you are  my gravity
i cant help myself

you parachute me a safety net
everytime we hit  turbulence
and  i'm about to take a plunge
and before i reach rock bottom
you ambulance a love cushion

see that's why i'm not afraid of broken ribs
cause i know if i ever land on my left
there will be a set of  paramedics
with a crash kit full of earnestly felt sorry--ies
to heal my bruised heart

 this heart is fragile
it can be broken by thoughtless  words
just as much by periods of  silence
so you have made it a habit
that every-time words evade us
you hold me close
you never ask for space

cause space has no room for falling
space has no time for gravity
space cant put your arms around me
to listen to the beat of my heart
space cant hear the forgiveness verses our love preaches

so you said

the first time we hit turbulence

Babe,if we need to fall several times
to a world where we can always listen
to the gentleness and the want in our voices
to the earnestness of our mistakes
to knowing that when all is said and done
we never meant to hurt each other
then its okay to have our gravity
its ok if we get grazed knees once in a while
its okay
cause everytime i fall
you are there to pick me up
you have seen me at my worst
you have seen me at my best
and still smile
and you still say hey
you are my one and only Queen

for the record

you are my one and only royal heart
and if it takes many more bruises
i will keep falling
till i'm on my knees
praying to God
to always  center our gravity
so the forces in our hearts can always pull us to each other



No comments:

Post a Comment