Sunday 20 October 2013

Dear S- How she prayed

Dear S

Have you ever seen  a nation pray? You should visit to see my people pray.


Those without sin are praying.Those who are sinning are praying.Those without rain are praying.Those who are flooded are praying.Those in debt are praying.Those with money are praying.Those in power are praying.Those without power are praying.Those who are corrupt are praying.Those who are tired of corruption are praying.Those who are living are praying.Those who are  dying are praying.Those who cannot  own businesses are praying.Those who own  businesses are praying.Those whose businesses are low are praying.Even coffin sellers are praying.



The day we left my mother was praying..


She prayed long and hard like God only has ears that only  listen to dissertations and have no time for blurbs or briefs.My flight nearly left. She shouted hard the demons must have grown deaf that day I  tell you.Apparently demons have taken over my body and soul.That is why I do not follow leaders like I should.That is why my voice carries  urgency for change .In her world demons take over everything and everyone who questions  the way the system runs.The stupid demons though,they never speak up.They never say,ahh but now,you are blaming us for something we did not do.


She shouted  fire! fire! holy fire! like our lives were not already burning  in hell.She even sprayed some holy water on my luggage.Apparently it is the blood of Jesus covering my soul.I have often felt sorry for  Jesus whose blood is always being wasted. I'm sure sure if he was human he would not get a proper  blood donor by now,especially with this 1 in 4 people thing in our land.This new pastor on TV must find another way to cover things in.


Anyway i do not say this things to my mother.All she will see is  a lost soul. I was even told how my demons were so stubborn,and they already required a visit to the head pastor so he could pray over my photo.That is how they exorcise stubborn demons here.


So you know me,and my desire to keep my things private.My image is still something i hold close.So i writhed like a snake.I writhed on the ground and became a contortionists overnight.I let my mouth froth the same way I have seen fitting girls and boys do in that hopeless place.I still have a few secrets I am not ready yet for her prophet to reveal if at all he is true.


But still she said prayer alone is never enough.So she went over there and she gave.Those with nothing gave.Those who were sick gave.Those who were dying gave.Those who were fearing jail,they gave.Those who had debts gave.Those who  wanted more, gave.Those who believed gave.Those who doubted also gave.


And those who could pray for miracles took all that  the people gave.


Anyway,even my father also gave.



You know my father ,right.He believes in the power of red.Be it powder or party or whatever .Like all these years he should have seen it yield something by now but from what i have seen,its has not yet.Its just the fear of change that keeps him relying on it.So ,i was still telling you,he gave me red powder to sprinkle in the galvanised bath and plunge myself in there.I hate the smell of metal,but you know we don't argue with our fathers over here.So instead I said yes father,I will do as you say.But you know me,even though im your savior im no where near to being obedient like Jesus even when he had so much temptation.I don't take instructions so easily do I,unless I'm puppy eyed by you of course.I do not know if my father can ever make me puppy eyed,atleast not in a romantic way but father daughter way--me and him,we don't have that kind of thing between us going on.


I cannot write much now S,thinking about my father has taken all my joy,and i cannot go on now .I will continue when i cangive you something to brighten your day



❤ M.M



No comments:

Post a Comment