Sunday 2 June 2013

I am weeping for you

There is a sadness echoing in the walls of my heart -tearing me apart--leaving a lump in my throat--My Africa  ---I weep for you----My people--My bloodline.I weep for the faces of hunger ---The hands that have learnt  how  to survive through crime-not because they want to--but because they have to..For the 1 in 4 statistics--the death tolls--the grave yards that are dug daily --the bodies we have to bury--the ones we have  no time to bury--The demarcation of  Sub-Saharan  Africa--the land of the dying---the parched ground that thirsts for  bodies --the unrequited  years of suffering--I am weeping for the HIV  labels we carry on our foreheads  wherever we go---The looks we capture  by virtue of  being born in our geographical locations--I am weeping for the migrating brothers and sisters  leaving behind their roots in search for better lives for themselves and their bloodlines-- carrying  heavy suitcases of identity crises--i am weeping for those who stay to put up a fight---of not knowing beyond reasonable doubt if staying changes things more than leaving or leaving changes things more than staying--- I am weeping for you. South Africa--Zimbabwe--Botswana--Lesotho--Swaziland--Namibia--Zambia---Malawi--Mozambique--Angola--I am weeping  for

No comments:

Post a Comment