Wednesday 29 May 2013

Chess--The status of a King

My game revolves around the King
No other piece matters for me 
Though check mate or  stalemate should end this game for me 
This Queen, is fighting only for a win 

They say it’s just a board game of chess and nothing more 
but we both know its also love poetry saying more 
than you can ever hear from the introverted me 

My King, I am the Queen 
The one who stands besides you through thick and thin 
With the combined power of the rook and bishop 
I  will move any number of squares along rank, file, or diagonally just to safeguard my King
Once in a while i need the  miracle of you castling over hardships 
and if need be 
I will pawn any piece exposing My King, My King-- to the enemy


They say it’s just a board game of chess and nothing more 
but we both know its also love poetry saying more 
than you can ever hear from the introverted me  
The outcome of the game revolves around the King

and since we are playing  a passionate game
of who moves first,how,where and when
i want you to know first hand
what the roles of a king are

A king knows his role so well he is not easily shaken by storms
A king uses his head to up his game whether he is white or black
and moves first or not
whether he is at an advantage or not
A king knows that it takes  team effort and appreciates the sacrifice  that keeps him in the  status of a king

A king knows its not just a board game of chess and nothing more
its a poem that says more than my introverted self can say








To be edited 


Inspired by a wiki article on playing Chess and Poetri's poem G

:) 

No comments:

Post a Comment