Monday 6 May 2013

sometimes you realize brown rice is good for you after all

Yesterday i went to the grocery store to do my month end shopping,so i asked my regular driver to come pick me up,he is like a second dad now and we are comfortable in each other's presence--first thing he says when he lays eyes on me is girl you trim nah,your boyfriend ask you to lose weight nah--and  i laugh-it was only then that i realized  i in fact have lost a bit of fat-thanks to brown rice and all the healthy stuff i HAVE to eat.
My journey with brown rice hasn't always been lovey dovey-we have had a more hate kinda relationship at the start-never was a love at first sight--first time i started eating brown rice regularly was when i moved in  with Mow,one of my best friends,she is health conscious and since we were sharing meals i had to eat the brown rice..after she left i couldn't keep up with the brown rice and i went back to my old habits--Thank God the sliding hernia issue arose and i was forced by natural circumstances to go healthy-complying to a healthy diet is not easy,i remember the first week after being really sick i watched everything i ate,two weeks later there i was,with a tub of ice cream,soda and eating junk like the world was coming to an end..

Anywhere i bet you asking yourself ,where am i going with this brown rice issue when last night i promised we would talk about being positively positive-i want to highlight an important issue about compliance to meds when one is HIV positive-it is not easy-you are used to a tablet free life and all of a sudden you have to start this cock tail of drugs-sometimes you might slip and not take your meds which is bad -so like me with my brown rice issue having a friend who encourages you to pursue a healthy lifestyle is very important -sometimes you might not enjoy going healthy at the start and being compliant with meds but in the end it will benefit you -if you are forgetful-put your meds in a visible place-eg have a screen saver on your phone as a  reminder to say time for meds -

i take iron tablets cause my hemoglobin is low--i keep the tablets by the sugar bowl cause i need a few teaspoons of sugar every morning whether its a cereal morning or a tea morning--so i see them every morning -so if you or somebody you know is struggling to be compliant with meds  whether it be diabetic meds,hypertension,ARV's or whatever medication they have to take,even OCP--oral contaceptive pills---little things could be used to remind one...anyway i'm out--i have a whole book about ears i have to read within 3 weeks before i move on with an eye book and my  brown rice meal is waiting to be ravished.

Ps.my taxi driver offered to take me to a Mosque,so we might tick off one item from my bucket list wish list sooner than i thought---i just need to get  some decent clothes to cover my arms and face and legs and be presentable 

No comments:

Post a Comment