Wednesday 1 May 2013

this crazy kinda love

i love you man
i do

i love how you  take me out to restaurants once in a while
let me eat whatever i want 
and you refuse to eat even when you have all the money in the world 

just because you say my cooking is the best 
and you are saving your hunger  
for the  left overs  in our kitchen tonight

and if there are no left overs 
you ask,with all the loving your  puppy eyes could muster 
if i could be kind enough to make you some of that special barbecue chicken

i love you man
i do

i love how 
you buy me chocolate for valentines' 
just to show me
you thought about me

and THEN turn around
and eat it

while i'm salivating
watching you

and THEN claim

that since we are one
whatever you eat
i have eaten too
even when you know that drives me really mad

i love how
you can simply drive me mad 
by making me think my birthday is just another passing day
only to have a friend drop by 
with a gift at the last hour 
after last week 
you said
you were on a hunger strike
and you couldn't even afford to buy yourself a loaf of bread
 and at the last hour 
i only  learn you planned this months ago

i love you man
i do

i love how 
we can be in the middle of an argument,
and you tell me the kind of truth that i need to hear 
and still manage to make me feel loved
 while helping me strip my bad habits away

i love you man
i do

i love how you make me smile
when i'm feeling all low and sorry for myself
how you can turn my advice around 
and use what i normally use on you,
to brighten my day
and best part is
when you say it exactly like i would do
cause then i do realize
when i actually do say stuff
you do listen
even when i think you don't

i love you man
i do

i love that we can sit under a mophane tree,
have hot dogs from bo mma-mochachose
 and  that to this day  that beats any feeling 
from any meal i've ever had in a fancy restaurant
and under a million dollar roof

i love you man
i do

i love how you can turn a simple walk
 from Champ-fleurs to Hilo
 into a  romantic tour 
 how running uphill soaking  in the rain
 can be this much fun just because i'm with you

i love you man
i do

i love how you can just say 
girl 
if you eat that bucket of ice cream
those 24blocks of chocolate and that amount of junk
don't expect me not say you are fat  when you ask
cause if you are,and you ask me ,i'm going to say you are
somebody's gotta save you from killing yourself

but most of all,i love that 

we are not perfect

we make each other cry sometimes

we make each other laugh sometimes

we don't always know what to do
we don't always know when  we are supposed to do 
what we are supposed to to
and how we are supposed to do it

but we just do what our crazy kind of love allows us to do
love each other 
in a thousand crazy ways 

i
love 
YOU
I DO!




No comments:

Post a Comment