Saturday 11 May 2013

Something for my mother

When I was 8 and you were away I  knew there was a hole too big  in my chest-that no other but you, could fill.You were and still are, everything, that unconditional love can describe.No matter how many things i got,to fill the hole in my chest,nothing could fit just right,until you came right back.

Even at 24,I still describe home by where you are at,it doesn't matter where our place of residence is,or what beautiful  things we have around,but your being is what still makes a house a home.And nothing is as beautiful as coming home to the curve on your face.

No matter how brainy mathematical i get,i still  think  your heart is bigger than a whale's and even on days when you scold the life out of me,i still know you want the best for me and i would trade in an instant, everything in this world to be in your prison,because when this world has broken me down,you know how to easily  make my broken life whole

They say no one knows what the face of God looks like,but i think its because they haven't seen your face yet,as a kid,i always felt the kind of comfort people say heaven brings to the dead with just one look at your smiling face,and those dimples got me holding my breath sometimes-so mama-just know you are the most beautiful image of God I have ever come across

When i was thirteen  i thought i knew everything,but these days even with 4 years of learning medicine i still consult you for a cure for my cold,other things like heart aches and anxiety--i have come to accept you know everything,even encyclopedia's could learn a thing or two-like how easy you've made a mother's sacrifice look-270days of carrying my weight-and 4 other 3.5 kgs after me and not one day have you complained-You know,Jesus turned water into wine effortlessly-you perform your own miracles too,like turning sacrifice into simplicity

And now that I am old-I still find myself hoping to grow up someday to turn out exactly like you

PS.a friend asked me to write a poem for their mama,and i thought about things my mama has been to me..so i scribbled this for her..she won't get to see the poem for mama's day,but i hope to call her and just let  her know she means the world to me :)


No comments:

Post a Comment