Tuesday 2 April 2013

Dear Ex


Dear Ex Lover
 I can still smell the sweat in your shirt after a thousand washings
I can still feel the dent in your side of the bed after months of mourning
I can still taste your morning breath after a year of flossing
Dear Ex Lover
 I promise I will stop recalling your phone number in my sleep
I will re-write memories inked in permanent markers
 I will stop checking for missed calls that you never made
I will stop measuring the speed of the flow of my love as it tries to reach out for the closing door
 I will catch the aching in my heart with peeping hands to stop myself from seeing you running, and running and running
I will trade question marks,
on your silent whereabouts
 for Periods.
of healing
if only
 you dump
…heaven…
For
me

No comments:

Post a Comment