Tuesday 2 April 2013

To the first love letter writer

To the first love letter writer

You letter found me in the living room

unaware

unexpecting a letter

My father handed it over like it was nothing to worry about

completely taken by suprise

i read it in the bedroom

by the window

in broad day light

it made me dizzy

words i had never heard before i read now

you said in your letter

i should not be gulliable

i was a beautiful girl

and humble

and kind

and smart

(but i did not know what gulliable meant)

and you said you loved me

you called me dear

and beautiful

there was a photo

of you sitting on the bridge

legs crossed

in your school uniform

ironed

looking fresh

i kept the photo

and flushed the letter

cause i could not risk my father reading the letter

lest he thought i had started

dating

but i still remember
(jus remembered my reaction when i got my first and only love letter at 13 and how upset and excited i was at the same time..this is just a recollection of that story)

No comments:

Post a Comment