Tuesday 2 April 2013

PL5

we met in the presence of gawking eyes
in the corner of PL5
class of 06
in slight stutter and slurry speech
in girl child innocent shyness
in, i want to tell you things my lips cant say
in, sounds form at the meeting of my vocal cords
in hi,i meant to come by and introduce myself
but i'm not as confident in real life as i am on paper
yes
i held you with the vicious intensity of knowing my life depended on you
to remain clasped
poured out my soul to you
like you were a perfect clone of my non judgmental mother
told you about the shirt i wore inside out,early monday morning
told you how i got a good laugh, hiding that from the morning workers waiting for the 6am bus
told you of the secret dieting scheme i do every middle of the month, when my not so deep pockets abandon me half way
yet you understood everytime
despite every splunge of ink on paper
every scribble
and every note
you still remain
My dear trusted Diary

No comments:

Post a Comment