Tuesday 2 April 2013

you want a lover,high on poetry

my doctor says, smoking weed will kill me
but i been cigar free 
since the night you told me 
you want a lover, high on poetry
i been craving for your kinda intimacy 
needing you like french kiss meets tongue tied sometimes
needing you like too much sleep craves insomnia
sometimes, i bleed in places you only see
sometimes, i don't need a band aid for my heart to heal
i have clots clogging my nostrils
want to breath you in, places soo deep
want to find you there on days when the image of your ghost is all i see
that night you held me tight
been choking for your breath inside
shouting hey,i need you now
my voice runs hoarse sometimes
if i moon walk your name on the sun sometimes
would you kiss every burn i get
would you miss me with every step i take
here,there and back
lover,would you need me still
to fight battles with the glare of our sun
humming hymns killing every fiber of earthly pretense
pulling taut this distance between you and i
would you kiss me with an open mouth
tear every lung wide open sometimes
let yourself in so deeply
want to feel your love flowing in
forget what it means to be alone sometimes
want to be high on your breath every day and every night
so i could write you amazing poetry

No comments:

Post a Comment