Tuesday 2 April 2013

lovers wounds

i told my heart 
several times
that love
is an imaginary vision 
always melting somehow into none existence 
pursued by mindless beings on the verge of falling
but
you kept coming back,kept turning this cliche
i love you,i love you,i love you ,I l.o.v.e You! into an adage my heart melted at
The first time, our eyes met
the attraction between us,melted the i cant's i held in the grasp of my palm
the ones i was ready to give every lover who stopped by ,
every lover who wanted to wrap me in shawls of commitment
of mothering babies
and wrapping sandwiches
and folding laundry and ironing away creases on shirts like the smoothness of my life depended on the un-crumbled shirts and the cleanliness of my past
but you see
instead of rules
you gave me open palms
you gave me free choice and a gallon of intoxicating fun
i drank from the straws and bottles of your laughter
the wrinkles of your carefree life
took shots of your strong courage
basked in the warmth of you caring dotting eyes
and i let go
let go of every caged in emotion i self preserved myself in
remember the 50% fear,30%hurt and 20%i don't want to go where i have been before you found me intoxicated in
but you
you were the bubble in my champagne
the only reason i undressed to pure nakedness
stripped myself of all past hurts
and i swear
i swear little stars circled around my spinning head,the very first time you said
you loved me
YOU LOVED ME !
in little flustered blushing love
in butterfly excitement
i told my dancing heart if ever there was music worth taking a step or two to,worth tapping my foot to,worth swaying my gravitating heart to,it had to be to the tune your heart called me into your soul with,i was
in love
with
You

For Lovers who take their time to undress and dress the wounds their lovers encountered before them

No comments:

Post a Comment