Monday 22 April 2013

the altar call


you promise
you promise you will always hold me like a bible
delicate 
sometimes not fully  aware of the full meaning of my emotions or the words that come from my mouth
like parables
but 
but you will always stay in awe
like a prophet receiving mixed emotions
you will hope to God you get clarity 
some-days 
you will meet me on your knees
with a heart full of confessions 
and a slate ready for a new start
you will teach me how  to forgive 
 and with every brokenness 
i will be reminded
over and over and over again
every bruise always heals better 
when there are open arms
ready to catch you when you fall
some-days 
i will be  a much needed tithe 
falling in your basket of needs 
at the very right time
accept me
 you will not only long for my companionship on Sundays
no
i will be that prayer you whisper in quietness at a breakfast table
appreciating
the things you have that you never take for granted
somedays
i will be that prayer you say just because prayers are said
but someday i will be that one simple  prayer 
that prayer you pray with your man eyes tearing down 
as you bargain with God with your life
to save you this one more time
so you can relive you life all over 
to make things better
for this altar call
you are making 
this altar call 
where yourbent knees and humble heart 
are saying
stay forever with me ok
stay 
with me

No comments:

Post a Comment