Tuesday 2 April 2013

Part 2

The memories I have of our reunion as a family are very vague and I cannot recall my first meeting with my little brother.I do remember though that by the time we went to live in Moses Mengwe,there was a bouncy good looking little guy i was fond of,who loved to pay unannounced visits to our neighbours and have a hearty meal as well.The neighbours too,it seemed,were in favour of feeding him,even though my mother was totally against it.She would give him a through spanking and I would be so angry at her,I felt I, alone, was entitled to punish him,and if anyone laid a hand on him,they had to answer to me,a bright starry eyed seven year old girl who had an unconditional protective kind of love to her first and only sibling.My brother,Karabo made me a young detective the minute he took his first step.My duty was to look for him at eating hours from people's homes,and he,being a social animal and having a  charismatic charming face for a three year old boy who easily found his heart into the older women's hearts,i always had a mammoth of a task locating him.I want to believe even today's GPS would have crashed under my brother's escapedes.He was the more popular one,I on the other hand was quiet reserved and was not good at making conversation.I was what you could call a boring child,careful not to do any wrong.He on the other hand,experimented and it seemed people were obliged to forgive his naughtiness just through the soft look he gave in his eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment