Tuesday 2 April 2013

poem 8

poem 8
i will turn my arms into a skipping rope
will swallow a million pebbles
for the wine in our love
to intoxicate us to the end
we are a fine mess in each others abscence
a hen moves fast to her lil chicks
we can make a clean getaway
as long as our fluffy feathers cover us
but now i say
i want to feel you like the crown of thorns Jesus had on the night of crucifixion
i want to give you my five loaves of bread
i want to remain with the crumbs of the fish you eat
love
we are the red sea and Moses' rod
i'ld make my arms into a skipping rope
if thats the only way i could get your heart skipping
poem 1
may i be the flail segment of your chest
with every breath you take in
draw me closer n closer n closer to your heart
poem 7
across the sea
a boat sails through an overwhelming current
like the strings of an untouched antique guitar
the lover grabs the one
by the waist
right before
you tell me
you are seaphobic
i think too much before i fall
if minds did not exist
i would be a fractured soul
to find my spine fractured at the lumbar vertebrae
the lover grabs the one by the hand
my love
love is a hot iron
in the hands of a teenage girl
thinking of her dead mama's toast
my heart
misses you so much
i could swallow my fear of the waves
and swim right through angry currents
remember
i'm the one who told you
i want to love you till Jesus says
this love is too much
poem 2
if you ever see God smile
you'll see the glow that blows this blanket of darkness into tiny pieces
when you walk into my tiny closed closet
poem 6
we are a talented violinist
sitted right at the corner of curepe juction
we have no control
we talk in alien tongues
no matter how much we reach out
they always stare
always stare
always .
leave
poem 4
a traumatic pneumothorax
requires insertion of a chest drain
if i could chose between a painless life without you
and a trauma filled life with you
i'ld rather you be the chest drain
and i a traumatic pneumothorax
and i'd have trauma run me down
day in and day out
poem 3
if we ever play
london brige is falling down
i'ld rather you be the cream in ice cream
cause cream always melts at my touch
but ice
ice leaves me frozen
blunts out sincere emotion
leaves me down on a roller coaster ride
as much as i shout out confessions for you to hear
somehow
the loud mouthed ones
freeze my words right in the air
poem 5
i dream we are a wet box of matches
everytime we build a hot fire
it burns right out in our faces
like beautiful poems that you really never get

No comments:

Post a Comment