Tuesday 2 April 2013

today, i'm melting ice

my body, a light feather
my mind, open space
my eyes, hypnotized
dreamily, mesmerized
yesterday is gone
with its rigid laws
today, i'm melting ice
dripping at the corners of your hot, wanting lips
i am
an open book
at the mercy,of your paging hands
my feelings jump out
like bold italicized titles
you know the colors of my covers
you know the first sentence of every page
chapter to chapter like a 26 letter alphabet
you know the pause in my breath
how long and heavy it will sigh
you know
the lovely surprise at the meeting of our eyes
the answer to my question before i ask
you hold me together
like the flaps of a kissing clicking zipper
you are the short summarized blurb
the synopsis of my meaning to the world
at the end of my last chapter
you are the companion i seek
when man and company i cannot have
you are my eye in the dark
the spectacles i put on
to see
the edges of my stains nobody else knows and sees
you are gum
sticking page after page of a 24year old thriller
you are the climax in my romance novel
the supporting character in my best seller
you are
the one

No comments:

Post a Comment